WARNING: DO NOT take chloroquine unless a real doctor says you have malaria

Erika Edwards
An Arizona man died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate in an attempt to protect himself from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the drug, and is currently under critical care.

A press release from Banner Health, based in Arizona, said the husband and wife, both in their 60s, took an additive called chloroquine phosphate used to clean fish tanks, to try to prevent coronavirus.

Within half an hour, both needed to seek emergency medical care. The man later died.

During a press conference last week, President Trump touted the drug for its potential, however, the Food and Drug Administration later said it had not approved chloroquine for the coronavirus, and that much more study was needed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s